Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cemetery Statuary

As I wander around in the serenity of cemeteries, taking photos for Find a Grave,  I'm struck by the beauty of staturary few people ever see.

These are some of my favorites, taken in the Salt Lake City Cemetery, except where noted.

The words are from the song Soul Meets Body, I Will Follow You into the Dark, and What Sarah Said by Benjamin Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie.


I want to live where soul meet body

And let the sun wrap its arms around me



And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing

And feel what it's like to be brand new. . .

Where Soul meets Body.



Love of mine, someday you will die
But I'll be close behind and I'll follow you into the dark
No blinding light or tunnel to gates of white
Just our hand clasped tight, waiting for the hint of a spark.

I Will Follow You into the Dark



If silence takes you then I hope it takes me too
I'll hold you near 'cause you're the only song I want to hear
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere.

Where Soul meets Body


It stung like a violent wind that our memories depend
on a faulty camera in our minds.



But I keep thinking of what Sarah said:
"Love is watching someone die."




Holladay Memorial Park

I want to live where Soul meet Body
And let the Sun wrap its arms around me!


No comments: